Mia is doing very well recovering from her surgery. Yesterday I decided to see what she would do without her arm braces (which kept her from touching her face), and she really never messed with her stitches, thank goodness! I felt like it was more dangerous to have the braces on because they made her more klutzy, and I was afraid she would fall and hit her face. She knows something is weird with her lip, but she doesn't seem to be in pain or be complaining about it. Although a lot of the swelling has gone down, her lip's still pretty swollen and is very bruised. Today Brock gave her a popsicle (we figure the cold should help with the swelling), and I thought he had given her a grape one because her lip was so purple. Nope, it was a cherry one - everything was just so bruised in there. Yesterday she was pretty mellow and so, so good. But today she was back to her feisty self! We went to a 1st birthday party for our neighbor, and she had a really good time. She sat there for the longest time holding the little boy's hand, it was the cutest thing! If I can get a picture from my neighbor, I'll post it.
Lately she has been saying "I love you" to Brock and I out of nowhere, and it just makes us melt! It is so sweet. She also counts to five now, and it is so funny! The other day I heard her in the other room saying "one, two, three, four, five!" I went in there and asked her what she just said (to make sure I was hearing correctly!), and she repeated "one, two, three, four, five!" Ok - guess I wasn't hearing things!
I have also been feeling the baby move quite a bit lately which is awesome, especially after what happened a few weeks ago. Two and a half more weeks seems like such a long time to wait for another ultrasound to make sure everything is ok, so I am so thankful for each little movement I feel.
That's all for now, I just wanted to let you know that Mia had been a great little recovery patient! Thanks again for all your prayers. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment