Wednesday, November 12, 2008

This and that...

Drake had his 4 week checkup yesterday, and he weighed in at 10 lbs 2 oz! We knew he was growing fast, but I think we were surprised he was already over 10 pounds, although his little thighs are starting to show it!

A few funny stories from yesterday... my mom watched Mia while I was at the pediatrician, and my dad stopped by to see Mia as well. Her Papa (my dad) is definitely one of Mia's favorite people, because he always plays whatever she wants! She especially likes playing "hide and peek," as she calls it, with him. It's so cute! Yesterday they were playing in the toy room, and all the sudden she threw one of her dolls out of the window of her playhouse and said, "You stay out there until you're all done crying!" It's funny to hear her tell her dolls the same things we tell her, although we've never thrown her out the window. ;) Something else funny she said - I was changing Drake on a blanket on the floor, and of course she was right in his face. He spit up a little, and she said, "Oops, he spilled!" :)

Mia and I were looking at pictures of her when she was a baby, and I was reminded of how much like a girl she's always looked, even when first born. And when Drake came out, he looked completely like a boy - thank goodness he is, because I don't even think putting a bow in his hair could make him look like a girl! Here is a picture of Mia when we brought her home from the hospital:

And here's Drake (crying!)...

Anyways, just thought it was funny as I was going though her pictures! And last but not least, here are a few recent pics...

Drake's sweet little fingers



My precious kids :)

No comments: