So I am cracking up right now. The other night I mentioned to Mia that we should start putting Drake on the potty before his bath at night. Of course she didn't let me forget, so we dragged out the old potty seat and let him sit on it. It was a novelty to him and he loved it. I'm sure it's because he sees Mia sit on the big potty all the time. So today before naps I took Mia potty, and Drake walked in and picked up his potty seat by the handles to put on the toilet. I thought, alright, what the heck, we'll sit you on here, too. Like I really need anything else to add to the naptime routine! Ha! So I sat him on there, and guess what!?!? He went potty! Ha! I was cracking up. :) Mia and I were clapping and yelling. She was seriously yelling, "I'm so proud of you, buddy!!" He was looking at us like, "What the heck's the big deal?" It was hilarious. Made my day. :) Now I will say they must make special boy potty seats because the one I have seems to be better suited for girls. Ha! I need to talk to some of my friends with little boys... this is definitely unknown territory for me. :)
Mia is her usual funny self. She is obsessed with talking about things in the past, like when she was a little girl, when I was a little girl, etc. She even brought home some pictures of me when I was younger from my mom's house. Today she pulled out an old prom picture (from her 'little baggie from Nana's') of Brock and I. She says, "Mom, I wasn't even here yet when you and daddy were in this picture. I was in heaven with Jesus. And heaven is really far away. It's like 20 minutes." Ha!!!!
Mia got a temporary tattoo from her dentist goody bag. When I put it on, she said, "Oh I can't wait to show daddy my tattoo. He's gonna love it!" Ha! Yes, Mees, maybe when you're 3. But not when you're 18.













1 comment:
What sweet kids! Drake is getting so big I can't believe it! He actually reminds me a bit of our youngest-their hair gets so lite in the summer! I think of you guys when I use our [much less powerful] blender! :)
Post a Comment