Thursday, September 9, 2010

First Day of School, Take 2!

Well Tuesday was Mia's first day of school (I'm sure you remember last year ended abruptly with a broken leg from a teacher's misstep...), and fortunately it went well!  Of course she didn't want us to know she liked it, but when Brock first picked her up, she told him she wanted to stay there.  So that was a good sign!  However, when we were getting her ready for school today, she told me she was not going back, that she only wants to go "one day a year."  In case you didn't know already, my name is Angie and I have a strong-willed child.  :)  But when I picked her up today, she was in a great mood.  But she wants to know why I leave her there so long - ha!  For a little one who has spent virtually 24/7 with her mommy, I guess being somewhere with strangers for any length of time would seem long.  :)

Here are a few we snapped before we left the house:






She has been really great with Drake lately, I am so thankful for that.  At the end of the day if she hits the trifecta (no time-outs, eats all her dinner, and picks up all her toys), she gets a 'special treat'.  I'm sure I've posted about this before.  It's something she looks forward to all day long, and she is devastated whenever she gets a time-out because it means no special treat.  Lately she has been sharing her special treat with Drake, it is so darn cute.  They both get so excited to share.  :)  Here she is sharing her popsicle with him, telling me, "I got it mom!  I can feed him!"



We've had a busy summer!  I've been super busy with photo shoots (which I still can't quite wrap my head around... I still get a flutter every time I hear from someone new) and am definitely playing catch up on the editing side right now.  But a few weeks ago I had one at the IMA, so we brought the kids, and Brock wandered around with them while I was 'working'.  I don't know why I put that in quotes.  :)  Anyways, they LOVED it there.  My mom has been hinting that she doesn't have a good picture of the 2 of them together - "I just want one of the both of them" she says.  You know what?  So do I!  Ha!  But here is always what happens:




They are obviously not dressed for pictures since they were just putzing around the IMA, but I can't even get them to look at me with smiles at the same time.  One of these days I will take the time to dress them up, take them out, and do some head swaps on their pictures.  I do it for my clients all the time, I guess I should do it for my own photos.  :)  Here's to hoping.

We also went to the State Fair in August.  The kids loved it.  Animals and funnel cakes?  What could be better?!  The weather was awesome because we went at night.  We had such a great time.  We also went down to the canals a few weeks ago and rented one of those 'golf cart bikes' - well, that's what we told Mia anyways.  I'm not sure they technically have a name, but that is the best description I could come up with for Mia.


It was actually a great time.  However, they require MUCH more pedaling effort than you might think!  Brock and I were certainly ready to be done at the end.  And it didn't help that we had a little pipsqueak in the front basket directing us: "Guys, go faster!" "Dad, make sure you turn, we don't want to go into the water." "Dad, watch out for that dog" "Mom, ring the bell so we don't hit those people!"  Oh, I could laugh out loud right now just thinking about it! It was so fun.

Drake is doing great with his arm.  He's finally starting to use it like normal again.  He, however, got out of practice eating with his right hand and really feeding himself at all, so we are trying to re-train him. :)  Yesterday he wanted some help with his oatmeal, but I told him he needed to do it on his own.  Mia goes, "Drake.  I have seen you feed yourself several times." Ha!

Oh my.  Well, sorry for the long update, I guess it's been too long since I've posted.  Here are a few more of my little pies...

They like sitting next to each other in the morning while they're watching their video.  And Drake had just woke up, hence the pacifier...

By the way, he's talking a bunch more lately!  It's definitely not all understandable, but he tries to say everything.  Putting little phrases together and the whole bit!  So cute.  (I know Mia was having full conversations with us at this point, but we are just thankful he is talking!!) 

See you soon!

No comments: