Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pumpkin Patch!

Last Friday Brock had the day off, so we took the kids to the pumpkin patch.  Last year at this time, Mia was in her full-leg cast, so we couldn't do much.  But this year we got to take a hay ride, pick our pumpkins, and play in the blow-up toys.  The kids loved it.  Last year we went on a weekend, and it was super-crowded.  Since we got to go during the week, we were some of the only people there.  It was so nice, and it was such a beautiful day to be outside.  Here are some pics...


Here Drake thinks pumpkins grow on trees  :)

Climbing out of the blow-up caterpillar...


Mia climbing out of the blow-up (not so) haunted house...


Drake climbed to the top of a pile of hay bales, so proud of himself  :)

Mia just preferred to throw the hay



On the hay ride


Mia with her prized pumpkin  :)



This one is just funny - this is Drake during the car wash!

Brock and I are going to Vegas this week, we are so excited for a little break.  Well he has to go for work, but it will be a break for me.  :)  The kids are staying with my mom, I'm hoping they will be good for her!  Also, Drake turns TWO this week!  I cannot believe it.  Where does time go?  We're having a party for him today, so I'm sure I'll have some photos to post.

One more funny about Mia... The other day she told Brock...
(Mia, appalled):  Daddy.  There are kids in my class who have crust on their sandwiches.
(Brock):  Well maybe they like the crust on.
(Mia):  No they do not!  They do not like the crust!  (So-and-so's) mom leaves the crust on, and she does NOT like it!

Ha!  So later I asked her:
(Me): Mia, I hear some kids have crust on their sandwiches.  I wonder why their moms leave it on.  Maybe they like it.
(Mia):  No mom, they don't.  Miss Bridget (her teacher) must have sent an email telling the moms to leave the crust on.
(Me): Do any of the kids like it?
(Mia):  Yes.  Audrey.  Audrey eats the crust, but she is the only one.

Oh, how I wish my life were as simple as only keeping track of who eats the crust!  I can just see Mia at lunchtime, checking out everyone's lunch and keeping tabs on who's eating what.  Ha!  lol

No comments: