It's been so long since Brock and I have been to Chicago together, and the weekend before last we got to spend a few days there ALONE! Oh, it was so nice. No routine to follow, no little voices telling us what to do, no waking up at 6:30 am to 'Mom! I hafta go potty!' What a great anniversary present.
After 9 years of marriage (and almost 16 years together total!), I can genuinely say that we still love spending time together. And I'm glad that our idea of fun is the same - case in point: the first night we were there, instead of going out for an 'anniversary dinner', we got Aurelio's pizza delivered to our hotel room and rented a movie. Seriously, does it get any better?! I'm not kidding, when we were in high school, we would get Aurelios or Sanfrantellos (or sometimes Bronkos) every single Friday night. Every single Friday. Large cheese, thank you very much. And we'd eat the entire thing. Not a piece left. It's a wonder our blood still pumps through our veins. :) It's honestly been 10+ years since we've had Aurelios, I bet. It sure made for a fine 9-year anniversary celebration. :) And no, we didn't eat the entire thing this time!
The next day we walked around the city all morning. We brought our blanket and Nooks, found some shade, and just hung out for the afternoon. Ahhh, paradise. :)
Here are just a few camera phone pics!
The Bean
Buckingham Fountain
In line at Garrett's Popcorn!! Seriously the best popcorn ever, if you've never had it. We waited in line for an hour to get it. :)
Ha! We are such dorks! :)
What a great trip. :)
Fresh Milled Flour Conversion Chart
11 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment