Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Florida Trip–Day 5

So today was Disney Day!!  We had waited to tell the kids about going to Disney until that morning.  They just would have gotten too excited and would have probably driven everyone crazy!  So we woke up at Auntie Maggie’s, gave them their drinks and movie (Mia was still obsessed with the dog)…

IMG_2899

… and told them.  We had the video camera on and everything, expecting them to go crazy.  Well, it was a big FAIL.  They were too engrossed with their movie and the fact that Maggie’s TV made the bees in the Bee Movie pink that it didn’t even register when we told them where we were going.  Ha!  lol  I haven’t watched the video back yet, but I’m sure we are going to crack up given they pretty much had NO response.  It was our fault for giving them all these distractions before we told them!

However, as the morning rolled on, they started getting really excited.  I’m definitely glad we waited to tell them – ‘Are we going now?!  Are we going now?!’

Anyways, we checked in at the hotel – a HUGE perk of Brock traveling all the time and his ‘Executive-Platinum-You-Must-Stay-Here-Too-Often’ status was that they gave us 2 adjoining rooms so we didn’t all have to stay in one room!  That was awesome, because we were wondering how it was going to work with the kids napping midday.  It worked out perfectly.

We got to the park, and the first thing we see was Pluto.  Of course the kids wanted to see him, so we waited in line. 

IMG_2900

And here is Classic Mia for you… we are standing in line on the first day of our first Disney experience, and she says, “I sure hope that Pluto is real and not just some guy in a costume.” 

IMG_2902

Brock and I just look at each other like, ‘Oh great.”  Ha!  But they loved it, I was too afraid to ask her what her verdict was.

IMG_2903

IMG_2906

IMG_2908

IMG_2910

IMG_2916

From there we got sucked right into waiting in the Meet the Princess line.  Man I wish we had a Fast Pass for that one!  But Mia almost couldn’t talk, she was so in awe.

IMG_2920

Her favorite was Belle, I think she liked her dress best.  I just love the look on her face!IMAG0118

IMG_2929

IMG_2931

IMG_2933

Then on to Mickey!!IMG_2938

For some reason, Drake didn’t want to see Mickey and Minnie (or the princesses) and was crying after Mickey.  All these Disney employees were giving him suckers from the gift shop and stickers to make him stop crying.  I don’t know what happened, because he loved Pluto! 

But his new Mickey ears cheered him up.  Of course Mia got the ears with the crown on front and the veil in back.  :)

IMG_2940

(I don’t know what’s with the new pirate eye he’s been doing lately…)IMG_2943

IMG_2946

We ate and went back to the room so the kids could nap, then back to the park.  Time for some RIDES!

We first hit the Teacups…IMAG0119

They were LOVIN’ it!IMG_2948

IMG_2950

Afterwards, Mia says, “Mom!  I LOVE those chai tea cups!”  Brock’s Starbucks addiction has affected us all.  :)

Drake on Dumbo…IMAG0120

They really loved Mickey’s Philharmagic…

IMAG0124

IMAG0125

Winnie the Pooh, It’s a Small World, and the Carousel were also big hits!

IMG_2955

Time to go! (again, not sure what’s up with the pirate eye…)IMG_2964

castle

Such a GREAT first day at Disney.  One more day to come!

No comments: