Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Finally Here - Mia's First Day of Kindergarten!!

Well the much-anticipated First Day of Kindergarten has arrived!!  Mia has been so, so excited for school to start.  I'm thankful, because I don't remember loving school as a kid.  Maybe I did when I was her age, but I will tell you that when I walked into the building for the Ice Cream Social on Monday (where we got to meet the teacher and see her room), I instantly got nauseous!  I am so thankful I don't have to go to school anymore!  Ha!  Thankfully she couldn't be more excited about going.

While we were visiting her school, I was trying to show her how to get from the door to her classroom.  "You'll come in this door, pass the pencils on the wall, pass the fish on the wall, look for the palm tree, and there's your room."  When she got home, the first thing she did was run to her bedroom and draw a map!  (She won't tell me where her map is, but if I find it I'm going to take a picture!)

This morning she woke up at the crack of dawn (as usual) and said, "Mom!!  I get to go to kindergarten today!  This came really fast!"  No kidding... I feel like she was just a baby!

She's never even seen the inside of a bus, so I think that was the part she was most excited about.  The other night, she said, "Mom, how many kids sit in a seat?  2?  Or 3?  Do they have seat belts??  Now am I going to keep my book bag on my back when I sit, or should I take it off and hold it in my lap?"  She wanted to cover all her bases before she got on that bus!

Here are just a couple pictures from this morning...


My mom and dad came over to see her get on the bus for the very first time... she was down on the driveway talking to Papa  :)


Getting on!!  She practically ran!


Here is a little video as well...



She is just going half days, so I picked her up a few hours later.  She LOVED it, thank goodness!  She's already excited for tomorrow!

No comments: