Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Summer is DEFINITELY over!

Just catching up on some photos from this summer!  I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week!  How did that happen?!


I think I mentioned in a previous post that as soon as Mia came back from her "meet the teacher" night before school started, she drew herself a map.  I found it!  You can see... get off the bus, look for door number 2, follow the pencils, then the palm trees, and end up in the room.  :)

From our trip to the zoo... they had a new attraction this summer, feeding the birds.  They loved it!  Except when the bird landed on Drake's stick... then he tried to shake it off.  :)


This momma LOVES the Indiana State Fair!  The kids loved the rides there this year.  We'll have to do a ride pass next year, otherwise it's too $$$!

Little Mia ready for school (when it was still warm!).  She's doing a great job, so thankful we had the option of half-day this year!

Drake before his school actually started - he would just walk around with his backpack on.  I caught him reading his Batman book, of course while wearing his backpack.  :)

We pinterested!  I found this cute idea for old frames... we bought them from Goodwill, gave them some paint, put cork behind them, and use them in the toyroom to display Mia's art!  It was actually kind of a pain, I'm glad that project is over.  But the kids had fun.



Finally!  Drake's first day of school!  He loves going, he talks about his 'buddies,' and I am so proud of this little guy.  I was definitely more nervous to send him off than Mia.  She was so ready, but he kept telling me, "Mommy, I don't want to leave you!"  Thankfully he's doing great.


We met up with a school friend at a farm/pumpkin patch!


How cute is this?!

And this!  Ha!

My sweet buddy.

Mia was so proud of herself.  She put them both in plaid shorts and striped shirts.  She told me they "matched".  Hardly.  :)

Drake on his birthday for school!  They gave him a crown, which I guess he refused to wear in class.  But once he got home, he wouldn't take it off!

Mia and I... chaperone for the pumpkin patch field trip!


Picture Day!


At the pumpkin patch to finally pick out our pumpkins!


My sweet little girl.  Mwah.

They sure are buddies.

And my little man, the goofball.

So excited to have matching pj's AND the mask.

"I miss you when you go to school, Mia!"


So the kids watched the Snorks on Netflix, and the next thing I knew, Mia had painted these.

Nana has Candyland, but we don't.  So Mia made one for the house.

I took the kids pottery painting - so fun!  Mia loved it!!

On the other hand, Drake stopped as soon as he got the first spot of paint on his fingers.  So basically mom finished his bowl.  :)

Mia is so creative and crafty!  I was telling her that Nana used to make most of our Halloween costumes when we were little, so she decided to make paper costumes for her pets!

Clifford is a sheriff, the cat is a pirate...

Dog #1 is wearing a striped tie, dog #2 has angel wings.

The back view of Clifford's costume.

Carving pumpkins!


All lit up.

So I went to Drake's school Halloween party and almost died... he had nothing under his costume!  Look at his bare back, like he was wearing a hospital gown or something!  All he had under this bad boy was his underwear.  And that was on backwards, which tells me he had those off at some point, too.  Boys.


Mia, Drake, and Mason (aka Merida, little lion, and Batman)

With Nana and Papa!

Trick-or-treating with best buds.


We just got back from Florida, so vacation pics to come!  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: