Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Birthday and Christmas!

Although it seems like a while ago, I wanted to post pictures from Mia's 6th birthday party (actually PARTIES!), Christmas, and some other randoms through the end of the year!  I always feel so far behind on this blog, but whenever I scroll back through the entries, I'm so glad I took the time to capture it all.  This is all mainly for me anyways, so it's okay with me that I'm behind a bit.  :)


 Mia is always making things for Drake to wear...

For her 6th birthday, we invited a few of her friends to go paint pottery!  She had so much fun.  She had actually drawn out exactly what she was going to paint weeks before her party.  :)

She also made party hats for everyone well before her party.  I'm sure her friends were thrilled to wear their hats ;)

I found these two like this one day!  Neither of them ever nap, so this was too funny.  Musta been comfy!

This was at her family party.  She dressed herself in a dress she wore when she was 3!  It was so small!  But she put on all the matching jewelry and barrette, so how could I say no?!

She wanted nothing other than a Princess Tiana cake... well, they don't really make those, so the bakery made a 'Tiana-esque' cake, lol!







They were quite creative on Christmas break... Mia used stuffing from a kit of hers and they made clouds for their castles...


Her Christmas party at school

Her Kindergarten class!!

Mia and her teacher

Mia has been writing stories and doing the illustrations, so I've been scanning them and making them into Shutterfly books.  Here she's reading one to her great-grandpa at Christmas!

Christmas at my mom and dad's!

With little Mason!


Brock's teaching Mia to play chess.  The pieces are all labeled with the moves each can make, but she still wanted to take her own notes on which pieces do what!

They LOVE watching cake and cupcake shows on TV, so we usually watch an episode together before we go up for baths at night.  Here they've made their own (playdoh) cakes, complete with fondant and candles!  Yesterday they did this again, and Mia says, "Mom, I don't have a sheeter" Haha!  All the terminology they know from these shows!


We've gotten way more snow this winter than we're used to!  Here they are bundled up to go play in the snow for the first time this season.



Mia love LOVES the Friends Legos.  She can do it completely by herself.  She will sit for hours (literally) putting them together!



The Christmas must come down!

School is going well for both of them.  We are just looking forward to some warmer weather, this has been one COLD winter!  We are really anxious to get outside soon into some fresh air and warm weather!  Thanks for visiting!


No comments: