Hello, ladies!
This time of year is so much fun with Mia! She helped Brock put the ornaments on the tree the other morning and had the best time. She was so proud of her work, she kept taking my hand and bringing me over to the tree to show me what she had done. Precious! Also, she loves to cook and has been helping me make Christmas cookies over the past few days. She LOVES to eat the dough, though, so I have to make sure she doesn't overdo it! Yesterday, I had to keep moving the bowl away from her so she wouldn't keep eating it. But every time I wasn't looking, she was scootching the chair she was standing on around the kitchen to get to the bowl so she could eat the dough or lick the beaters! It was hilarious. I can't say I blame her though - the dough is my favorite part, too!
Mia's 2nd birthday is Friday, I just can't believe it! It has been so much fun finding birthday and Christmas presents for her this year because she just LOVES her toys! To her, anything with a face has a personality, whether it's a baby doll, stuffed animal, wooden doll, or a face in a coloring book. She loves taking all her toys and lining them up, all facing the same direction of course! This year for her birthday, my mom and I got her a ton of Littlest Pet Shop pets and a couple playhouses. I think I am becoming obsessed in finding these crazy things! There are like a million different ones, so my mom and I have been looking everywhere we go to see if we can find any different ones or a better deal on the ones we already found! It's crazy, I've even been dreaming about it! I know she will just love them, so yesterday I broke down and gave her a pack of them. I can't wait till she opens the rest of them and their playhouses on her birthday!!!
Here is a picture of her putting her dollies and their accessories on top of poor Drake...
Also new, she got her first haircut! It was really just a trim off the bottom, but she did great sitting in her pink car chair!
Drake is doing really well. My poor guy, though - he broke out in baby acne on his face like a teenage boy! Mia had the same thing, although not as bad. Hers only lasted a week or so, so I'm hoping his is short-lived as well. He has been a lot more interactive lately, smiling a lot and making the cutest sounds. And he loves it when Mia talks to him, it's adorable.
That's all for now! Stay warm in this chilly weather! :)
2 comments:
How cute! I'm glad to know we have similar stories...sometimes I'm just at the end my rope but then Bella will do something cute and I'm like okay I have some sanity back. It was funny that you wrote on our blog about our strong-willed 2 years old...because I was telling Joel awhile back that we tell Bella to sit in room until she's done crying too...glad to know I'm not the only one out there. Hope Mia has a great birthday!
Happy Birthday Mia!!! Love the new pictures, Drake is growing up so fast. Pretty soon he will be able to move himself away from Mia's dolls all on his own :) Love and miss you guys!
Post a Comment