Sunday, January 18, 2009

Funny Times

I know I have mentioned before Mia's obsession with lining things up, and I got a couple of pictures this weekend of her 'work'. Sometimes she tells you she wants your help, but she is quick to tell you that you are doing it wrong. She basically wants you to sit by her while she lines everything up. She is always very proud of her handiwork when it is done...





These are her 'pets' (all the Littlest Pet Shop animals we got her for her birthday), and they keep her busy for hours a day! She lines them up laying down, standing, in a circle, you name it. And they all have to be facing the same direction. And don't try to mess with them when they are lined up - she'll yell at you!!




For some reason, the animals with wings aren't allowed to play with the rest of her pets. They have been ostracized ever since she got them. We always try to sneak them in, but without saying a word, she quietly throws them off to the side. I always try to ask her why they can't play with her other pets, and she usually ignores me! The other day, however, she told me they are in time out. They must have gotten in really big trouble, because they are never allowed out! Here are her pets with wings. Poor guys have to stay in the case while all the rest get played with...




Poor Drake. Having to share his seat with Mia's doll...


Yes, she has picked up on the whole concept of breastfeeding...

Mia is such a crack up. Sometimes I have tears in my eyes because I laugh so hard at the crazy things she does. But she is constantly testing us. Recently she has started yelling at us, which is really not funny but it is. It's hard not to laugh at this little voice telling us what to do ("Mommy, I want Mini Wheats! I told you! Listen to me!"), but we are really trying to stop that kind of behavior because it is unacceptable. Those are the times I have tears in my eyes because I don't know if I'm going to cry or laugh. She has always been a challenge, and it doesn't look like she is going to stop anytime soon. I am banking on Drake being a much easier child to raise. Look at his face... how can he not be??!! :)

2 comments:

Newells said...

So glad we aren't the only one out there. Bella went through a lining up all her blankets phase...they all had to be completely flat and next to each other but not touching. Right now it's covering everything up and putting it to bed (books, dolls, me)...she even "shhhs" us. I'm hoping Gabby is less independent! Here's hoping.

The Sandefurs said...

She sounds so funny...and like a bit of a handful! Ha! And where would she ever get her quirks about neatness??? Hmmm...I remember her mommy putting us college roommates on a cleaning rotation! :)