I finally got a chance to upload more photos. The kids are doing great besides another cold they both have. Drake has decided that crawling is not an acceptable mode of transportation anymore - all he wants to do is walk while holding onto our fingers. He cries like he smashed his toe or something if we set him down to crawl. The faces he makes are hilarious, like 'how dare you set me down?!' Mia went through this stage, too, and I remember feeling like I couldn't wait until she walked on her own! I now feel the same way about Drake. :)
Mia has been quite the little mom to him lately. She keeps an eye on him at all times and makes sure he's not getting into anything he's not supposed to. She will hold onto his little hands and arms so he can walk around. It's so funny watching the two of them. We only let her walk around on the carpet with him for obvious reasons. :) Yesterday I was walking with him, and she came up with a kleenex. She says, "Hold on, sweetie. I gotta wipe your nose." She proceeds to do so and walks away like it is her job to keep Drake in check. So funny!
Drake discovered the stairs and can now crawl up them completely on his own. Mia never really messed with the stairs when she was a baby, so I don't have any gates or anything to keep him off them. But he surely thinks the stairs are the best thing in the world right now. When he gets it in his mind that he's going to conquer them, nothing can divert him. Today he was already up about 4 of them when I ran over to pull him down. He started laughing hysterically like it was a little game and crawled even faster. I'm not sure what we're going to do about that yet!
Mia has been quoting movie lines lately. She says to me yesterday, "Mommy, I work up in the sky, you work down in the dishes." I was like, what the heck is she talking about? But she kept saying it, so I asked her who says that. "Vidia," she says, "From Tinkerbell." I knew that couldn't obviously be the exact line from the movie, so I asked Brock. He's like, "Oh yeah. It says, 'I work up in the sky, you work down in the ditch.'" I guess Mia's version was more appropriate for me since I do usually work down in the dishes - ha! Anyways, on to some pictures!

At my nephew, Cole's birthday - Mia trying to get everyone to pose

Cousins pushing their push toys

Drake is constantly grabbing, pinching, and biting my face and arms - see?!



This is his preferred method of transportation now, walking while holding whoever's fingers are closest

Mia in her recording studio


Curling her eyelashes

Our friends Eric and Jen came to visit. Isaiah and Mia hit it off. :)

Best friends :)

She loves pretending to feed him, just like he's one of her baby dolls. Drake happily obliges.


Ok, so this won't win me any 'Mother of the Year' awards. But I've always had to bribe Mia with a sucker once a week so she'd sit still while I cut her nails. Drake is terrible about getting his nails cut, too, so I tried the sucker trick with him the other day. I'm not proud of it, but I do have to say it worked and he loved it. :)




3 comments:
angie, that picture of drake with his buns hanging out of the shirt is priceless!! LOVE IT! Also can you give me the name of the lens again that you use? THe one that was cheap :) and it blurs the background. Thanks! AND your photography website looks great...good luck with your adventure...i love taking photos too :)
Too cute. Bella said "oh look it's Gabby's booty" when she saw Drake and I couldn't convince her that it wasn't Gabby.
Your children are so darn sweet! I can't believe how much Drake looks like Brock...great skin too! So proud of you and your photography business- go get em'
Post a Comment