Monday, January 25, 2010

Life got in the way!

I've not fallen off the blogging train, life has just been getting in the way! Cold days mean lots of entertaining the kids inside the house! They have been so good, though. So far the winter has gone really quickly. We had a few days in the 50's, so that is getting us excited for the warm weather that is to come. :)

Below are some pics from the past several weeks. Mia is back on her manicure kick. She is COMPLETELY and TOTALLY into princesses right now, so she MUST have princess nails! (or so she tells me...) She'll disappear for a few minutes at a time throughout the day, and one day I finally realized it was because she was going upstairs to put lipgloss on. She is so girly. The only things she will wear right now are dresses. I even caught her pulling one out of the hamper the other day so she could wear it again. I was like, "Mia, we have to wash your clothes before you put them back on. And you can't wear that dress every single day!" She goes, "It's okay, mom. I will just wear it two times a week, and then I will wear something else." Like she had it all figured out already.

I have started using conditioner in her hair at night during her bath because it is so knotty when we brush it afterwords. As you can probably imagine, she is totally in to it. She is so excited to use something that Mommy herself uses. She is so proud to have her very own bottle of conditioner in her tub. This weekend we were out, and it was really windy. When we got inside the grocery store, I said, "Mia, is my hair all crazy from the wind?" She goes, "No, Mommy. Your hair looks fabulous. And it smells so good like your conditioner. Do I have my own conditioner, too?" Oh man, she's three and definitely in to the beauty products! I'm a little nervous for what she will be like at, say, twelve...

Drake is still smitten with the Bee Movie. It is seriously a cure-all for him. Grumpy Mood? Solution: the Bee Movie. Hungry and not time for dinner yet? Solution: the Bee Movie. Mom and Dad need a little more sleep on the weekend? Solution: the Bee Movie. I don't know what it is about that show, but he sure loves it. He shakes and squeals when we start to turn it on. We were out visiting a new preschool for Mia today, and there were little bees stapled to the bulletin board. He got so excited when he saw them and tried ripping them off the wall. (Hopefully that won't hinder our chances of getting Mia into that program. :) )

Drake's also been doing the cutest golf swing lately with his little clubs he got for Christmas. Now he's swinging with everything he can find, though: his fork at dinner, my cooking utensils, etc. It's really cute. He also loves doing Eskimo kisses (is that what they're called?) - he grabs your face and squints his eyes and rubs his nose into yours back and forth really fast. It's hilarous.

Enough of the talking; on to the pics!




I love these sweet little fingers, freshly manicured...
This is basically how she walks around every day - crown, necklace, dress...


I love how he's looking at her here :)



Oh, and I forgot... she wears a skirt under her dress, too...




Mia LOVES to bake... we were making cupcakes with the mini muffin tins from her kitchen set...


And like her mama, she LOVES the batter :) I would bake more with her if I didn't want to eat every. single. cookie (or cupcake) when they were done baking. I'm working on that. :)

Her sweet little fingers scooping up the goods...







Ta-da! Contrary to popular belief, we actually didn't eat all the batter and ended up with some delicious cupcakes...

Mia thought they were pretty fab, too. Look at her face!

Sitting in their chairs, watching, of course, the Bee Movie



Mia was really busy one day, running up and down the stairs with her dolls/stuffed animals. I finally asked what she was doing. "I'm decorating, Mom." I let her take these pictures of her work. She decorated her bed...


... her princess chair...




... tucked them into every crevice...

... and even decorated Drake's room for him

When in the world did he get so big?





2 comments:

The Sandefurs said...

Mia??? Girly??? Lipgloss applied constantly? Nails ALWAYS polished?? And you wonder where she gets it?? Have you met my college roommate, her mother???? hahahaha!!!

Let's just say I'm not surprised and she will be JUST like you when she's old enough for real makeup!

Newells said...

I love reading your blog because everything seems to imitate our household...princess dresses, only wearing dresses (sometimes can switch to a skirt, but pants/jeans hardly happen). I purposely didn't buy many winter dresses for that reason, but am now tired of seeing the same dress or skirts everyweek. We bought batter for valentine cupcakes today, but I can't wait to eat them, Bee movie...and wondering when the little one became a toddler...it's crazy! Love it!