She also got to see some fireworks, which she loved! I wasn't sure whether she would be scared by them or not, but she was even looking for them the next night! We told her when you hear it, you look, and then it goes boom. So she kept saying, "Mommy, yook, boom!" So cute.
Yesterday was our anniversary, 6 years! I can't believe it has been that long already. Katie and Tony babysat Mia for us, and Brock and I had such a good time. We didn't do anything extravagant, but we got to go to the Cheesecake Factory and to a movie, and it didn't involve cutting food into tiny pieces! It was nice to have a night off and just be the two of us. Thanks Katie and Tony! But I was sure glad to see my little girl in the morning, although she was still asking for Katie and Tony. :)
Of course when we got home we asked how Mia was, and we got a kick out of what happened. When Katie went to put her in her bed, Mia kept saying she was hungry. Yeah right, they said she had eaten almost 2 pieces of pizza for dinner! But Katie felt bad, so she took her downstairs to eat some fruit. Then when that was gone, Mia said she wanted fishies, so Katie gave her a few (Tony kept telling Katie she was being manipulated!). Finally Mia said she wanted to go to bed, so Katie brought her back up there. She laid down, and then started saying "back, back!" Katie finally realized she wanted her back rubbed. Oh, Miss Mia! She sure knows how to get what she wants! I think Katie will be onto Mia's tricks next time she watches her! :)
One more note for all the other mommies out there... Babies 'R' Us is taking back all bottles containing BPA (the brands they carry) and letting you exchange them for BPA-Free bottles. My sister-in-law told me she heard they were doing this, so I called the store to confirm. Yesterday I brought in all my used bottles (without a receipt), and they let me exchange them for brand new BPA-Free bottles. I got over $110 worth of new, safe bottles! The only part that kind of stinks is that there is not a lot of selection in the BPA-Free category right now, but if you look at your options online before you go, you won't be so confused in the store reading all the boxes like I was! I loved the Avent bottles for Mia, but I was planning on getting new ones for our little guy after all the controversy in the news about BPA. What a great way to save a few $$! I have no idea how long Babies 'R' Us will be doing this (I don't think they are advertising it at all), but you may want to give it a shot if you have bottles containing BPA at home and were planning on replacing them anyway.
That's all for now! Until next time! :)
2 comments:
thanks for the bottle info!!! I just bought some bpa free ones and they are not cheap. So i will have to take my other bottles in!!!
Hey! Thanks for the info. I just took my old bottles today and they allowed me to get new ones as well. Thanks!!!
Post a Comment