I think it was just my last post when I was saying how I heard Mia answer my cell phone. Well she did it again when my mom called, and I had enough time to grab the video camera. The part I didn't get on film - she talked to my mom for a few seconds, then said, "Can I talk to Papa?" Here she was telling him about how she had hurt Drake that afternoon in his bedroom (she rolled him over and his arm got stuck underneath his body...)
Here's what she is saying, in case you can't understand: "That was so terrible. No! I rolled him over in Drake's room. Yeah. And I hurt Drake. Yeah. I don't know... he say that. He's gettin' older. Yeah. He's getting bigger! He's getting bigger. But he's little right now. No he's not standing, he's just little. Yeah. K. After while crocodile! Bu-bye. That was Papa!" I was cracking up. Here are a few new pictures, too.


I bought Mia some play-doh the other day, and I told her I would open it up after I put Drake down for a nap. When I came downstairs, she had her doctor bag out and was trying so hard to cut the box open with the scissors. She kept saying, "This is really tough" :)






Did I mention I can't get enough of this little guy?!

She pulls out her halloween costume from time to time and wears it around the house




Eating Mia's 'Special of the Day'

I don't know if you remember the story about her telling me about the elephant on the way to my mom's ("He'll be back on Wednesday!"), but today she saw him again. She was like, "There he is, Mommy! He must have been at the makeup store!" It was so funny. :) I was trying really hard to figure out what the 'elephant' is, and I think it might be this grill with a gray grill cover on someone's back patio. I'm not sure, but maybe that could look like an elephant to a 2-year-old in a moving car??
Also, she has quite the imagination. Today we opened the front door to feel the weather outside, and she starts saying, "Hi Manny! Hi Mr. Lopart! Hi Fluffy! Want to come in?" (If you're lucky enough not to know, these are some characters from Handy Manny on the Playhouse Disney lineup) She continues this imaginary conversation, and apparently all her friends come in the house. We go upstairs, and I hear her giving them the grand tour of the upstairs. "Look at my stripes!" (the ones on the wall in her room) "And here is Daddy's room, and this is Drake's room..."
Sorry for all the stories, but she has been in rare form lately. She'd been asking all last week if I could paint her nails, so finally on Saturday we did. Today she noticed a few chips in the polish while we were in the car. "Hey, you need to fix my nail! You need to fix two nails!" (Two of them were chipped) I told her we would when we got home. As soon as we walked in the door: "Can you please fix my nails?" I said, "How 'bout we fix them after dinner?" to which she replied, "How 'bout we fix them NOW!"
3 comments:
That video was fantastic! She is so cute and Drake...you just want to snuggle him up.
It was funny when you described it, but oh my gosh - seeing the video is just priceless. I watched it at least 5 times!
How precious... she is really growing up. I can't believe she is such a girl - LOVING the phone already. You are in trouble :) I love hearing her sweet voice.
Post a Comment