This weekend was one that I wish I never remembered but I'm sure we'll never forget. I'll spare the whole long story, but in a nutshell, Brock blacked out and hit his head really hard. I took him to the ER to get checked out, and they found that his heart was beating abnormally. His top two chambers were fluttering instead of beating. They ended up keeping him overnight on Saturday, and it was just terrible leaving him there. They had him on medication in hopes to return his heart to a normal beat, but it did not work right away. They began discussing putting him out and shocking his heart back into a normal rhythm with the paddles (which basically would have stopped his heart in hopes that it would 'reset' itself). It was honestly one of the scariest times. I was so thankful when Brock called on Sunday morning to tell me the medication had worked and that his heart was beating normally again. Praise God! All the nurses and the ER doctor told us Brock would probably leave the hospital with medication and probably need to be monitored for the rest of his life, but the cardiologist would give us more info. Well when we met with the cardiologist, he said he thought it was an isolated incident and that Brock didn't need medication or even a follow-up visit. He was extremely arrogant and was unwilling to address any of our concerns. Needless to say, we will be getting a second opinion.
Then yesterday Brock called me from work and said he was having sharp chest pains. So back to the ER we went. Thankfully his heart checked out normal, but they couldn't pinpoint the cause of the chest pain. They said it seemed like it was stemming from either the sac around his heart or lungs being swollen and rubbing up against each other, but that it was not a problem with the heart itself. We ended up at the cardiologist's office after the ER visit, and they sent Brock home on a monitor for 24 hours. That way they will have a picture of what his heart is doing for a 24-hour period to see if anything funny is going on. The good news is that in the ER again yesterday, they re-ran all the tests on his heart, and everything is looking good. Today the chest pains were much less frequent than yesterday, so that is also a good thing. I hope and pray that we don't have any more incidents, but at this point we are just taking things one day at a time. He has more tests scheduled for April 7th to make sure everything is looking good. I have some pics of the kids to post, hopefully sometime this week still! Thanks for checking in on us.
6 comments:
Praying that God will grant the doctors wisdom and give you all peace to endure this trying time.
Love, The Claycomb's
How scary! We'll be praying for all of you.
Oh my goodness, Ang. I JUST now saw your update. I cannot believe this! I am sure you were FREAKING out! We will be praying for Brock's health and your strength! We love you guys!
Wow - seems like a lot has happened in just a short time. I can imagine how scary it all was/is. I will be praying for you all, for wisdom and healing. Keep us updated.
We love you!
Hey Brock & Angie - just wanted to let you know that the Millers will be standing in faith with you that Brock is completely healed. Praise God!
You will be in our prayers.
Post a Comment