Well, Drake's arm is looking a little better than Friday, but not good enough to avoid surgery. It is scheduled for 5pm today, we have to be at the hospital at 3. The hardest part at the moment is that we can't feed him all day! He got to eat breakfast, but we are just having to distract him so he doesn't realize he's probably STARVING! I dropped Mia off at my mom's so I didn't have to feed her in front of him. Also, the doc wants us to stay overnight since the surgery is so late in the day. He wants to be able to watch him and make sure he has normal usage in his fingers and such since there are a bunch of nerves in the arm - they need to make sure the pins aren't where they're not supposed to be. Brock and I will stay the night with him in the hospital, and Mia is staying at my mom's.
Now Mia thinks this is a vacation. When we told her, she was like, "Poor Drake. But guys! Guys! You know I love staying overnight at other people's houses! I'm going to go pack my suitcase all by myself!" And then she runs off. Oh she is hilarious.
One other quick funny about her - Brock went golfing yesterday, and Mia saw him getting ready. Here was their conversation:
Mia: Dad, why are you wearing a work shirt today? It's the weekend.
Brock: I know, but I'm going golfing today.
Mia: Well, I want to go golfing, too!
Brock: Maybe when you're bigger you can come golfing with us.
Mia: I am big! I mean, look at my size! I'm a good sized kid!
Hahahaha! It's so funny to hear her little 3-1/2 year old, pint-sized voice say such funny things with the inflection to go along with them.
Anyways, we'll keep you posted. The worst part is putting them under. Obviously Mia's been through two one-hour surgeries, and it is no fun. And waking up was the worst for her. I think we'll both feel a lot better once he's out of surgery. I'll post an update when I get a chance, thanks for checking in on us. :)
Fresh Milled Flour Conversion Chart
11 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment