Friday, September 12, 2008

New things!

First some pictures...
" I stirrin' "

Mia and her girls
Just thought this face was funny...

I'm apologizing in advance for more potty talk again, but we had another small breakthrough in that department... Yesterday I was putting Mia down for a nap, and as usual she was not wanting to take one, trying everything not to fall asleep. Also as usual, I told her to lay still and close her eyes. She whispered back, "I gotta poopie." I told her she better not be lying to get out of bed, and she still said "I gotta poopie." So I took her out and sat her on the pot. She said "Mommy, leave!" so I told her to call me when she was done. About 3 minutes later she called me back in, and what do you know? She had to poopie! This is probably the 6th or 7th time she's pooped on the pot, but it's the first time she actually told me she had to go. Until now, we have just been catching her at the right time. So exciting for her to actually tell me first! When I told Brock, he said he's never been so excited about a turd (is that even how you spell that?!) in his life. :) Contrast that, however, with this morning. Mia woke up and said "Oh! Tinkle!" So I asked, "You need to sit on the potty, or did you already go?" She replied, "I already go." Well, we'll try again later. :)




Also exciting around here is the fact that the remodeling process of our loft has finally started! We have an area upstairs that we've never used for anything, so we decided to make it into a bedroom and bathroom. Hopefully it won't take more than a few weeks (at least that's what they tell me), so we'll be sure to put up some pictures when it's all done. It's a little tricky having a 21 month old with construction going on in your house (she is curious about everything going on up there), but hopefully it won't last that long!


Also, yesterday I had my 34 week checkup. The baby's been measuring right on track, but yesterday I laughed because my belly was measuring 35. The doctor was like "Great, you're measuring right at 35... oh, you're 34 weeks. Well, that's still normal..." It's just funny because all along I've had a feeling this baby is going to be huge. I'm hoping he stays within the 'normal' range from here on out...


That's all our news for now. Thanks for checking in on us! :)

No comments: