Monday, October 13, 2008

He's Here!!!

In the wee hours this morning, I woke Brock up and told him it was time to get to the hospital! I had been having pretty regular contractions for 3 hours, so I called my doctor and she told me to head in. I am so happy to say that I had another easy labor (I will also add an Amen for epidurals!). My water broke on its own, and after 1 push, Drake Vincent Vaughters was born! He was 6 lbs, 12 oz and 20 inches long. He nursed right away and seems much more laid back than my Miss Mia, although time will tell. I probably won't be able to upload pictures until I get home on Wednesday, but I wanted to post a quick update. He looks like Mia in the eyes, but his little mouth and nose are different than hers. He has dark, fuzzy hair and is so, so sweet! I can't wait for Mia to see him. We thank God for a healthy little baby boy and a smooth delivery. I was supposed to be induced on Thursday, but I am sure glad he came a little early!

So we compromised on the name, because Brock has been calling him Vinnie ever since we found out we were having a boy (as many of you know!). But Vinnie Vaughters didn't fly in my book, so we used it for his middle name so that can still be Brock's nickname for him - after all, that's how he has been referring to him this entire time! I can't wait to post pictures of him for you all to see... I'll do it as soon as I get a chance! :) Thanks for checking in on us!

9 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats!!! I just emailed you b/c I was thinking about you so much since yesterday. I am so glad things went smooth. I love the name. Can't wait to see pictures, but take your time and rest while you can :)

Love you!
Amy

Jennifer, Eric, Isaiah, and Noah Heuer said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are SO excited that Drake is here! Can't wait to see pictures of that precious boy! Good job, momma Ang!!!!

Ashley, John, Lilly, Myllah, and dakota Sommer said...

yayy for baby drake!! We are so glad things went smoothly!! We can't wait to see pictures! Congrats

The Claycomb Family said...

Congratulations, Brock and Angie!!!!

We are So excited for you...and can't wait to meet him!! :)

Love, The Claycomb's

The Miller's said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys! I'm impressed you brought out the laptop just hours after delivering! That's awesome! Can't wait to see him! Love, the Miller's

The Sandefurs said...

Praise the Lord!! So, so happy for you! Boys are so fun and have such a special place in a mama's heart. Can't wait to see pics. And I'm so glad you went into labor on your own-what a blessing! Love you guys! Congratulations

Newells said...

congrats on a healthy little boy! Joel is a little jealous you have one of each, but I don't think he'd trade in either one of our girls :) Congrats again! Love, Newells

Erin said...

Congratulations! So happy for yall. Can't wait to see pictures.

The Nobbe Family said...

Congratulations! I am so jealous that you have such easy deliveries. You should think about having babies for a living!

So happy for you all!